Ingredients (I halved the quantities listed below, as I had two monster pork chops :)))
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 quarts water
- 4 (2-inch thick) pork chops, bone-in rib loin chops, split to bone
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk salt and sugars in 2-quarts of cold water. Add pork chops and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove the pork chops from the brine and dry well.
In a large heavy bottomed saute pan, begin to fry bacon. Add celery, onion and garlic to pan and allow to saute with the crispy bacon. Add rosemary, sage and parsley after bacon has cooked for 8 to 10 minutes. Saute until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl add cornbread, dried cranberries and chicken stock. Stir in the cooked vegetable mixture. Mix well.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Stuff the chop with about 1/2 cup of stuffing.
Use toothpicks to help seal the chops. Grill the chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side. Internal temperature should be 145 degrees F. Allow chop to rest for 5 minutes before serving.