I think I've made this dish about three times in the past two weeks, that's how good it is. The idea comes from Dana and she's made it quite a few times, believe me! So, this is my take on it.
- 2 lbs yellow onion, sliced
- 4 big leeks (only the white part)
- 1/2 lb veal shoulder, cut in bite-size cubes
- about 3 tbsp olive oil
- approximately 1 bottle (3 cups) dry white wine, it can be less than that depending on the quantity of the other ingredients
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 bay leaves
- allspice berries (about 10), salt and pepper to taste
- approximately 7-8 slices of lemon
First clean the leeks, by slicing the white part and putting them into a big bowl with cold water. Stir them a little bit in the bowl, then let them in the water for 10 minutes, so that the sand and dirt collect at the bottom of the bowl.