Another recipe that is very traditional to me, comfort food simple to make and completely satisfying.
- 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, also finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cleaned and finely sliced
- about 1/3 lb smoked ham, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- tomato juice
- sauerkraut juice (or lemon juice), to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat, then add the carrots, scallions and onion and allow them to sweat for 5-10 minutes.