Welcome to my kitchen!

Let's make some tasty, easy food

Roasted Tomatoes, Basil and Parmesan Quiche

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I got this idea from a discussion with Gringarl regarding the price of cherry tomatoes :D. Now, instead of making a normal quiche/tart dough, I used a sheet of puff pastry, rolled out for a 10-inch tart form and baked it blind for 10 minutes after preheating the oven at 400F/200 C.



I added:
  • 300g cherry tomatoes
  • a drizzle olive oil
  • 50g Parmesan, grated
  • 2 eggs
  • 300 ml heavy cream
  • handful frozen basil leaves, finely chopped 


Before putting the pastry puff to bake, I mixed the cherry tomatoes with some salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil into a roasting pan, then roasted them in the preheated oven whilst the puff pastry was baking blind.
 

Whilst the pastry and tomatoes were in the oven, I beat the 2 eggs, then gradually added the heavy cream, season to taste with salt and pepper


To that I added the finely chopped frozen basil


Then I sprinkled half the cheese over the base


I scattered over the tomatoes (I also put some very crisp prosciutto, but that was just my feeling at the moment, it's completely not required)


 poured over the cream mix


then finally scattered over the rest of the cheese.


I baked for 20-25 mins until set and golden brown. Then I left to cool in the form, and removed from the tin. I served in slices. 


 Enjoy!

2 comments:

A little bit of everything said...

911: what's your emergency?
me: Guvi stole my idea :)))

Guvi said...

Officer, in my defense, I declare that Gringarl and I were talking about cherry tomatoes, whereas my quiche contains roasted cherry tomatoes :))

Post a Comment

I would very much appreciate your feedback, if you choose to leave any! If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer, too. Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

almonds (2) apricots (2) ardei gras (11) asparagus (6) bacon (4) bame (2) basil (5) beef (16) bell pepper (12) black currant (2) branza (30) breadcrumbs (6) breads (4) broccoli (3) bulghur (1) bulgur (1) busuioc (5) butter (29) butternut squash (1) cake (7) carrots (7) cartofi (7) cauliflower (3) ceapa verde (16) celery (8) champagne (1) cheese (28) chicken (20) chicken broth (7) chicken livers (4) chocolate (2) cinnamon (4) ciocolata (2) coacaze (2) conopida (2) cookies (2) corn (1) couscous (1) desert (9) dessert (9) Dijon mustrad (6) dill (3) dovleac (1) dovlecei (5) dumplings (1) durum (1) eggplant (4) ficatei pui (4) fish (11) foietaj (5) fursecuri (2) galusti (1) garlic (25) garnituri (18) gris (1) grits (1) ham (2) heavy cream (13) iaurt (2) lamaie (26) lamb (3) leek (9) lemon (25) maioneza (1) marar (5) mayonnaise (1) mazare (4) menta (1) miel (3) migdale (2) mint (1) morcovi (8) mousse (2) mustar de Dijon (6) nuci (1) okra (1) olive oil (27) olives (3) one-pot cooking (48) orez (13) paine (3) parsley (6) pasta (11) pasta tomate (4) paste (10) patrunjel (7) peas (4) pecans (1) pesmet (5) peste (11) phyllo (1) piersici (1) pine nuts (5) pizza (1) porc (7) pork (8) porumb (1) potatoes (7) praz (9) prosciutto (5) puff pastry (5) pui (19) red Swiss chard (2) rice (10) rosemary (4) rosii (22) rozmarin (3) sage (3) salads (1) salate (1) salmon (2) salvie (3) sampanie (1) sausage meat (4) scallions (9) scortisoara (4) seminte pin (5) semolina flour (1) side dishes (15) smantana lichida (15) snacks (4) somon (2) soups (17) spanac (2) sparanghel (6) spinach (3) sun-dried tomatoes (2) sunca (4) supa pui (6) telina (7) tomato paste (4) tomatoes (19) tort (3) ulei masline (25) unt (30) usturoi (28) veal (9) vegetarian (47) vin (18) vinete (4) vita (13) vitel (9) wine (17) yogurt (2) zemuri (18) zucchini (5)
Food & Drink blogs
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
All Cooking Sites
toateBlogurile.ro

VGR

Very Good Recipes
My blog is on Very Good Recipes
all blogs