Since the oven-fried cod with dill butter needed a side dish, I opted for this very fast red Swiss chard recipe, for which I used:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped (can be replaced with any small onion)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely chopped separately
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste (optional)
Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add the chard stems and the white wine. Simmer until the stems begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chard leaves, and cook until wilted.
Finally, stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese; season to taste with salt if needed.