I had some ribs left from the sauteed red Swiss chard with Parmesan cheese, I was not sure what to do with them, but then it hit me: pasta! So, here we go!
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (to cut the richness of the pasta sauce), plus a little bit for decor
- 1/2 lb swiss chard, yielding 1 cup of chopped ribs
- 1/8 cup (quarter of a stick) butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream
- enough dry pasta to make about 1/2 quart of cooked pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
Separate the ribs from the greens. Cut the ribs into 1/2-inch to 1-inch pieces. Blanch the ribs in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the chopped scallions, then the drained, blanched ribs and simmer for 4 minutes.
Add heavy cream and cook until cream reduces by two-thirds.
While the cream is reducing, cook up your pasta according to the pasta's package directions.
Mix creamed chard with pasta. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper. Decorate with chopped scallion.